Internship opportunity at Slingshot Ventures
Before reading this, please note: this internship opportunity is only available for students who are fluent in Dutch.
Slingshot Ventures is looking for a full-time intern who will join our team as an Analyst. This is your opportunity to enter the exciting world of Venture Capital, working alongside our team members, gaining valuable knowledge about early-stage technology investing and essential skills that will set you up for a promising career in Venture Capital, Private Equity, M&A or any other Investment focused profession. You will be a fully respected team member, being offered the opportunity to contribute to our deal sourcing process, market analysis and assist our team during investment processes. Are you interested in working with promising start- and scale-ups and helping them grow while having an accelerated learning curve during the next six months? Then keep on reading!
Slingshot Ventures is managed by an entrepreneurial-minded team of ten, each with their own specialism, added value, and responsibility. We all share a love for finding promising ventures and helping them to unlock their full potential. Our Slingshot Ventures II Fund is an EUR 64 million venture capital fund with a focus on companies that operate scalable, international and online-focused business models. We primarily invest in the Netherlands, other Western European countries and Israel. Our current portfolio of investments consists of VanMoof, Boldking, Temper, Wasteless, Swishfund, Stox Energy Socks and ShapeShift Gaming.
At Slingshot Ventures we firmly believe that the diversity of our team makes us more creative, forward-thinking, innovative and as a result of that significantly more successful. Being “different” is what makes us unique and we always welcome one-of-a-kind ambitious people to complement our team.
About your role
During your time with us, you will be actively involved in our team and will:
- Contribute to all aspects of our deal flow: from sourcing and screening to evaluating new investment opportunities, incl. engaging with founders that are looking for funding;
- Analyse promising markets, identify new and relevant market trends and help us spot fast-growing ventures that provide interesting investment opportunities;
- Financial analysis of potential investments, incl. valuation analyses (e.g. forecasting, exit scenario’s, comparable company analyses, comparable transaction analyses);
- Assist during due diligence processes as part of the execution of transactions, incl. attending meetings with prospective investees;
- Assist with internal processes such as investor communication, fund reporting and stakeholder management.
The skills, interests and personality we are looking for
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, investing, start-ups and technology;
- Our mindset; fearless, original, energetic, resourceful, ambitious and self-starting;
- Selective perfectionism; able to identify what is urgent and what not and when speed is more important than zero errors;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- A university background, preferably with a major in the fields of economics, business, finance or technology;
- Preferably students that are in the final phase of their Bachelor or Master programme;
- An excellent academic track record complemented by a vibrant student life;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Fluent (written and spoken) in both Dutch and English.
How to apply?
Apply by sending an e-mail with a short and to the point motivation as well as your resume to email@example.com.