About Slingshot Ventures
Slingshot Ventures is an Amsterdam-based venture capital fund focused on investing in the future of digital consumer life, from pre-seed up to series A and beyond. Being funded solely by successful entrepreneurs, Slingshot invests in the next generation of successful entrepreneurs, building companies with “strong brands”, “happy customers” and “healthy margins”.
Slingshot successfully backed well-known consumer technology and e-commerce businesses such as Casper (dark kitchen concept), Boldking (European leader in online male grooming), Naduvi (digital outlet for home and living), Wild Cosmetics (sustainable and refillable deodorants), Temper (digital platform for flexworkers), Check (shared mobility provider), The Fabricant (digital fashion house), VanMoof (iconic city e-bikes) and Wundermart (unmanned retail solutions).
At Slingshot, we firmly believe that the diversity of our team makes us more creative, forward-thinking, innovative and as a result of that significantly more successful. Being “different” is what makes us unique and we always welcome one-of-a-kind ambitious people to complement our team.
About your role
In the role as investment analyst, your primary focus will be to evaluate investment proposals and qualify them as real investment opportunities for Slingshot Ventures. You will pro-actively search for new investment opportunities and conduct market- and trend analyses. You will actively advise and assist the investment team in converting these opportunities into successful investments.
- Sourcing new investment opportunities and subsequently meeting with ambitious founders;
- Evaluation of investment proposals (financial modelling, valuation, structuring, commercial);
- Perform market- and trend analyses and become an expert in the various submarkets;
- Perform due diligence (gather market input, conduct founder research and reference calls);
- Contribute actively to the ongoing monitoring and development of portfolio companies, drive growth and help ensure a successful the exit process.
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, investing, start-ups and consumer technology;
- Prior professional experience from working at a startup, VC, PE or in M&A is a big plus;
- A university background, preferably with a major in the fields of economics, business, finance;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (fluent in both Dutch and English)
- Ability to build investment theses, analyze and understand complex financial information and models;
- Self-starting, ability to work independently and to take responsibility, pro-active;
- Soft skills: ambitious, energetic, commercial, street-smart, original and a great sense of humor.
What we offer:
- Entrepreneurial, welcoming and inspiring working environment at a cool location in Amsterdam;
- Opportunity to meet many ambitious entrepreneurs and be part of an experienced and diverse investment team;
- Competitive compensation and flexible working hours
How to apply
Apply by sending an e-mail with a short and to the point motivation as well as your resume to email@example.com.
Acquisition is not appreciated, recruitment process is in place.